Friday, March 21, 2008

Some more stitching


This is my latest photo of MNW. I should be enjoying this one, but I'm not. Firstly it was the Weeping Willow thread which is the green. The skein that I have has a lot of dark going through it. So I'm trying to do most of the stems dark and the leaves pale, which has been a challenge. Then I'm stitching along today and have now realised I'm one thread out on the right side. I'd virtually have to pull everything I've done today out to rectify it. So now I'll have to try to fudge the whole design. I could kick myself because I was careful with the left side when stitching it, checking the position as I went along. Today though I just went ahead at full steam. That will teach me.
Maybe I should put it aside for the moment and start something else. I tend to lose interest in designs when I either make a mistake, or the thread colour isn't turning out how I thought it would. So with this one I've got both deterrents playing a part. Don't you just love it when things don't go according to plan?

3 comments:

Cathy Lloyd said...

Only 1 thread off? Fudge it girl! I wouldn't rip it! As for the color change...I hear your pain! I'm manipulating a color with overdyes on a project I'm working on and it is annoying at times! Keep going...you'll be glad you did! :)

Nicole said...

I agree with Cathy. I think it looks great! Your almost finished! :)

From the Attic said...

Hi Jane, I love the colour linen you are using for this one. What is it called? Isn't it annoying when you are not happy with the thread colours though, although I think it looks fine. You could always take out the stems and do them in a solid colour if you really weren't happy but when you think about the colours of nature, they do have a variation and are not solid.