Saturday, March 01, 2008

Just when you thought it was safe to leave the house

This is what I came home to the other day...

I have two cats. One is mild and meek and doesn't get up to much mischief, the other can be a little naughty at times, and this is one of those times.

I bought this decorative frog while on holiday in the Sunshine Coast, Queensland a few years back. We were visiting a town called Montville which had a lot of craft shops there. I found this frog in one of the shops and fell immediately in love with it. Now it's eyes have been torn apart by my cat Charlotte whilst at work. To say the least, I was not impressed. She hasn't done anything this bad before. I hope it's not the start of future behaviour. I have a lot of decorating items she could get into.

Here's a picture of how it would have looked like when the crime was being committed.

Sophie would have gone along with it once the crime had occurred. Charlotte (on the right) would have thought of the idea from the start.

Pets, don't you just love them?

4 comments:

Sandra said...

Oh dear, another naughty pet, you will no doubt have seen Chrissie's sad looking needleroll after the doggies had been at it. I wonder what is turning them all into chewing addicts.

Jane said...

Sandra, I couldn't help but think of Chrissie when I came home to this.

From the Attic said...

Oh no Jane!! What can I say!! I can completely relate to how you felt when you came home to this. Actually, there was a further episode to my needleroll saga...a couple of days later, I discovered that Ben's bed had mysteriously had a whole corner chewed out of it which happened that same weekend. It seems like when those two partners in crime of ours get together, 'you better watch out'. So sorry about your frog. BTW. do let me know if you are up this way again and I can arrange to meet up with you :)

Jane said...

Chrissie, if my sister and I couldn't agree on somewhere to holiday overseas this year, we probably would have gone to Noosa instead. We've both been there together before, and loved it. The Cook Islands won out this time though. Love the Sunshine Coast and can see myself going back there one day.

These animals of ours are a worry, aren't they? Charlotte hadn't done anything this bad before, though she does seem to have a naughtly streak in her. Hopefully it's because she's still young, and will grow out of it.