Friday, March 07, 2008

It's finished

I was determined to get this one finished today. I spent most of the day on it and I really wanted to get it done because I'm going away for a few days from tomorrow.

This was stitched on 32ct R & R Americana Blend fabric. They call for 28ct fabric and I think I could only get the 32 at the time. I didn't need the two skeins of CC Antique Lace, and the smaller count fabric is probably the reason why. There wasn't a lot left from the one skein mind you. The other thing was I found a mistake in the pattern. The top right design didn't match the left, so I had to frog it and make it identical.

LITTLE HOUSE NEEDLEWORKS - Colonial Dry Goods

Well, I'm going away for a few days with my sister, and will be back on Monday. Mum and Dad are going to check on my cats so I hope they go alright (the cats that is, not Mum and Dad). They'll probably sleep most the time anyway.

Will write more next week. Hopefully I'll have another stash report from Needlecraft Corner. This will be my birthday order. It will have the Bent Creek Big Zipper kit in it, which I'm eager to see. Hope you all have a lovely weekend.

4 comments:

Nicole said...

It turned out so pretty Jane! I love it! I'm going away this weekend too. I can't wait! I need to get away. Hope you have a nice weekend with your sister! :)

From the Attic said...

Well done Jane. It looks great. Hope you have a lovely weekend away and the weather is good. We have been noticing some chillier mornings already here which is most unusual but the weather has been most un-typical anyway. Hope your next stash order arrives for you soon.

From the Attic said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Great finish! Have a lovely weekend :)