Saturday, March 22, 2008

A new beginning

After being so frustrated with MNW I decided to start on something else last night. Shepherd's Bush Green Snowman was looking very yummy to do, so I grabbed the kit, ironed the fabric, sorted the threads, and began stitching. Didn't have a lot of time to work on it, but this is what I got done.

It was lovely going back to silk threads. I just adore them. They glide through your work so easily. The fabric is 30ct WDW Guacamole which is quite rich in colour. Lovely for something a bit different. This design has a whimsical feel to it which I love. This picture below shows a more accurate colour of the fabric. Depending on what light you take the photo in, will determine the colour it comes out.

SHEPHERD'S BUSH - Green Snowman kitted

I've decided to think about what to do with MNW. I don't want to rush into a decision that I'll regret later on. With the design being the same on either side, I'd have to place an extra stitch in the wording (perhaps in the 'L') and in the middle of the bottom pattern, if I wasn't going to pull out the vine and start again. I just need some time and a fresh look at it. Thanks for your suggestions to leave it as is, you're more forgiving than I am :) Chrissie, the fabric I'm using is Lakeside Linen 28ct Vintage Lentil which is what the pattern calls for.

I've been out in the garden today. It's a lovely, sunny day and a good chance to tidy up. I've just had a late bite to eat, and thought I'd give an update on what I'm doing with my stitching. Hope every one's having a lovely Easter break and take care.

No comments: