Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Pumpkins and Acorns

I did a little more last night on Moonlit Garden - the pumpkin and acorn.

Moonlit Garden - 26 May 2009

It's such a rich coloured design and I'm sorry the photos don't do it justice. You can't see the true colour of the dirty, brown toned fabric (it looks more like natural linen in these pictures). Believe me, it's got a beautiful, warm look to it in real life. The thread colours just seem to jump out of the design too.

I'm so glad you liked my photos of Garden Angel in my last post. It's a gorgeous design and one that I enjoyed working on so much. Nicole, I'm happy to enable you with this one. I'm sure I'll see you stitch it someday on your blog. It's funny how some designs don't grab you at first but once you see them stitched up, they capture your inner desire. It brings me joy just to help people discover hidden gems.

14 comments:

nimbus said...

je découvre ton blog et j'adore ce que tu fais

bravo, c'est magnifique

Loraine said...

It is looking wonderful! Isn't it true that many designs appeal to us more after seeing them stitched.
Thanks for sharing.

Márti said...

It's BEAUTIFUL, I love the colors!!!

Deb said...

It's coming along beautifully!!

clob said...

it's the first time i post a com but i like what your made !! it's really so cute

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri ~ Boog) said...

This is really looking beautiful, Jane. I LOVE the house!

Tammy said...

Jane, this is working up so beautifully--what a great design!

Melissa said...

It's looking great, Jane!

Theresa said...

Love the colors~~~ It looks really nice in the photos, but I'm sure it is even more beautiful in true life~

Anonymous said...

Your garden is growing so nice :) Amazing warm colours!

Anna Zont said...

Beautiful colors! Meditative work!

poupette said...

So lovely ! Have a nice week-end! Poupette

Jennifer Ann Fox said...

So pretty! Are you stitching this with one thread over 2 or 2 threads? Its just so neat and beautiful fall colors.
Jennifer Dalenberg
http://www.feathersinthenest.blogspot.com

Jane said...

Jennifer, I'm doing this design with the recommended 2 over 2. I did consider doing 1 over 2 but am glad I didn't. The two threads makes the design 'leap' out from the fabric. Thanks for asking. :)