Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day


Happy Mother's Day to all those wonderful Mums out there! It's Mother's Day here and I spent the day with my mother. This year I gave her a bunch of flowers and a decorative small satin cushion covered with thick lace and a satin fabric rose on the top. It can be hung or placed on a table as a decoration. She absolutely loved it.


I bought this cushion in my favourite gift shop Wrappings. It's made by Queensland wholesalers Miss Rose, Sister Violet. They create the most gorgeous giftware and homeware items with a real vintage, feminine look.

I also managed to get some stitching done last night as I'd hoped. I've completed the roof on the house, so now it's on to the rest of the design.

Moonlit Garden - 9 May 2009

The cooler weather here has left me a little less motivated with my needlework. Plus I've been busier lately too. I find I stitch more during our Summer months. Moonlit Garden is a lovely design though, and I'm enjoying working on it. Slow as I am at the moment, I'll still keep at it.

8 comments:

Natasha-ND said...

Happy Mother's Day, Jane! I very much like the house which you "build"! Pleasant and soft colours.
Natasha

Diane (di) said...

I so love the colors in Moonlit Garden. Your stitching and the photographs are gorgeous. Happy Mother's Day Jane!

Tammy said...

Glad you had a happy Mother's Day-the gift for your mom is gorgeous! Your BBD is really pretty-coming along really good! That's a great design.

Jan said...

Those flowers are the most gorgeous I have seen in a long time, and what a lovely sachet for your dear mother.

Great progress on Moonlit Garden, REALLY pretty!

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri ~ Boog) said...

How wonderful that you get to spend the day with your mom! I know she loved her gifts! your Moonlit Garden is beautiful!

Dovilė said...

Happy Mother's Day Jane! Lovely gift to your mother:)
and the house is so cute:)

Melissa said...

Jane, your gifts to your mom are beautiful! It's so nice to find just the 'right' thing!

Moonlit Garden is looking lovely. Wait till you do the stars - that should wake you up - or put you to sleep since there are a few. That's what my stitching friend said but she loved the end result.

You're in Autumn which probably makes the body want to slow down a bit...

Theresa said...

Wow~~~ Such a wonderful Mother's Day present!!!!! Great job!!!!!
Your house is looking lovely~~ Keep the good things coming~