Sunday, May 24, 2009

La D Da ~ Garden Angel

This one I stitched and had framed a while back. Thought I'd share it with you...

LA D DA - Garden Angel

I started Garden Angel in 2004 and finished the stitching in 2005. Then it wasn't until 2007 when I had it framed. It's one of my favourite framed pieces. I really enjoyed working on this and I just love the thick frame I picked out for it. I got the idea for this particular frame after I'd seen Chrissie's done. It's a similar look which I think suits this design so well.

Mine is stitched on 35ct Sheeps Straw, using Gentle Art Sampler Threads from memory. I don't have the chart handy so I can't be sure about the threads used. I also have La D Da's Harvest Angel and Old Glory Angel which I'd like to do some day.

I apologise if my photos aren't as sharp as they normally are. I usually use the software in Picasa 3 to sharpen, but since their last update it doesn't seem to work as well. Bit annoying really. Anyway, I hope you enjoy looking at my pictures. There's more photos in my Picasa Albums. Thanks!

EDITED TO ADD:

I forgot to mention about the brass button I added to my Gaden Angel. It's from Homespun Elegance and I put it in the top left corner of the design in replace of my initials and year stitched. I didn't like the way mine was looking and thought the charm would be a nice replacement. Thanks for the kind comments!

21 comments:

Melinda said...

Beautiful work!!

Diane (di) said...

Oh goodness Jane. Beautiful stitching, framing and I think your pictures are just stunning. Great job!

Rêve de fil said...

Just beautiful... The charm is so nice !

Suburban Stitcher said...

Stitching, framing and pictures look great (as always)!

Thank you for sharing!

Nina said...

This is so beautiful! I like the design, and love the frame! Perfect choise!
The charm is so lovely on it :)

Nicole said...

It's beautiful Jane! I would have never given this design a second glance, now I think it's a must stitch! :) Thanks for sharing! :)

Anna Zont said...

And the design and the frame are wonderful! Perfect work!

Lucy said...

Wonderful!!! Congratulations for your embroidery and your finished!!

Theresa said...

This is beautiful!!!! I love the frame~~

Deb said...

This is such a sweet piece and beautifully photographed with your garden things. The stitching and framing is perfect!

From the Attic said...

Great photos Jane and yes, I agree, the big old rustic style frame does suit that particular piece a lot doesn't it. I still love my one just as much as when I first stitched it too.

Chrissie

Loreta said...

So beautiful Jane! I love your pictures!

Natasha-ND said...

The fine frame, very interesting form and beautiful colour. And wide - I love the such. Perfect, Jane!

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri ~ Boog) said...

I always enjoy your photos, Jane and these are no exception. Love the Garden Angel!

Brigitte said...

Wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Very beautiful work! And framing is just perfect for it :)

zetor said...

That is so pretty, I love the colours.

Tammy said...

She's so pretty! I agree, that thick frame suits it very well!

bea de caracas said...

I'm in love with your Garden Angel!!!
It's such a pleasure to come and visit you every time...
...and I'm so sorry for my bad english...
Kisses...

Kit said...

Garden Angel is so pretty, the colors are beautiful.

elina said...

Wonderful!!!