Sunday, May 17, 2009

Apple & Cinnamon

Yesterday I went shopping for my Dad's birthday present. I found a lovely potted arrangement of blue and white flowered plants in a terra cotta pot. I also found something for myself. :)


It's the most gorgeous scented candle in an apple and cinnamon aroma. They're Australian made and are supposed to last 100 hours. The brand is Glasshouse Candles, they have numerous candles in different scents, and the one I chose is called Strasbourg. It has that wonderful country smell of freshly baked apple and cinnamon. I had it burning last night and the aroma was just divine.


Now I know you can get similar candles in the US. Yankee Candle comes to mind, and I just adore their range of goods, but to find something similar here is wonderful.

I'm finding it hard to get into a stitching groove since the weather here has turned cooler and the daylight hours shorter. It's not really motivating me. I'm feeling more tired when I get home from work each night, and the weekends have been fairly full lately. So I'm sorry I have no progress to show.

Last week though I was given another award, this time from Zetor. It was so unexpected and I thank her very much for it.


I'd like to pass it on to:


Be sure to drop by these wonderful blogs and enjoy some stitching time with them.

I do find it difficult to select people for these awards, so I have tried to choose new ones this time that I may not have selected before. Everyone is deserving though and please do not feel left out if your name is not shown.

Happy stitching!

10 comments:

Tammy said...

Thx so much Jane! I have a couple others I need to post as well. You are so sweet! Love that candle--I can almost smell it! :P

bea de caracas said...

Thanks so much, dear Jane, I'm very happy and proud of my award!
Have a nice day...

Unknown said...

Tammy is a sweetie & her blog is lovely!

I've been trying to stitch as much as possible. When school starts back up in August I'll have no time.

;)

From the Attic said...

Your house will smell lovely with your new candle Jane. We all have those times when we just can't get to our stitching for whatever reason. sometimes other more pressing things and sometimes just that we need a break. Your mojo will return.

Chrissie

Melissa said...

Even if I can't smell the candle, it looks beautiful in the glass container!

Anonymous said...

Jane, thank you so much! I'm very happy and very touched :)

Jan said...

Oh I love good-smelling candles, I can almost smell this one! Thanks for sharing the pic!

Snip said...

Thank you so much, Jane! This is the first blog award I have ever received! As you know, I adore your blog.

Márti said...

Dear Jane!
Thanks for the prize, you made me really happy! Love, Márti

Susan @ Real Girl Designs said...

Thank you so much for the lovely award, Jane!