Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Ribbons and fabric

Last week I went to a scrapbooking shop to see what they had. No, I'm not thinking of making scrapbooking another hobby of mine. Gosh! - I spend so much on my needlework, don't want to spend twice as much by having another 'passion'. I could easily get into scrapbooking though because it looks so beautiful and there are heaps of items to buy for every taste imaginable.

What I came across were some lovely ribbons. My eyes glanced over every one of the rolls they had there and I ended up picking out some that I liked. There was even one there that had Merry Christmas written on it (the red one).

Ribbons to use for my needlework

I'm keeping them in an old Whitman's chocolate box. Thought I may be able to use them for my needlework in the future. No immediate ideas but that doesn't matter. I like to get things when I see them and work out what to do with them later on.

Didn't get any stitching done today (though I do want to get back to LHN My Needle's Work and fix up the counting problem I have with it). The weather was so beautiful compared to what we've been having, so I thought I would get outside and do some things that needed my attention earlier in the day. I ended up mowing the lawn, a bit more pruning, and then I did a few jobs inside the house. After all that I was feeling quite tired in the afternoon and had a small nap for about 1/2 hour.

I did get a couple of packages delivered today though. Some material and patterns from quilting stores. I want to try patchworking, making bags, and cushions in the future and am collecting a few bits and pieces along the way.

Pieces of fabric from Quilt Fabric Delights in South Australia

Bought from Gentle Threads in Western Australia
Rosalie Quinlan - Miss Melly's Sewing Pocket pattern
Rosalie Quinlan - Oma's Project Bag pattern
Floba cross stitch fabric, and a couple of fat quarters

I do have a tendency to go for floral fabrics. They always jump out at me when looking.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Jane, your ribbons and fabric are beautiful! I love florals too! We have very similar tastes! :)