Monday, June 01, 2009

*** I'm seeing stars ***

I got a few of the whimsical shaped stars out of the way yesterday on Moonlit Garden. I thought I'd get sick of stitching them, but so far I'm quite enjoying it, though this could change after a few more have been completed. :)

Moonlit Garden - 31 May 2009

I thought I'd well and truly have this one completed before the end of our Autumn when I first started it, but I haven't been able to achieve it. Today is officially the first day of Winter here (it's already been cold for the most part of the last six weeks) and since Moonlit Garden is more an Autumn design, I'm wanting to finish it off soon. Time will tell, but I'll have to put a bit more effort into it than what I have been so far. I do love the design though. One part that catches my eye is the star on the roof of the house - it seems to shine when you don't look at it directly. Try it and see if you can see this too!

14 comments:

Tammy said...

You're right, it does shine! Neat! We're heading into summer here and I'm so glad to be done with winter! Do you get snow in the winter? We don't get much here in VA anymore and that adds to my dislike of the season. Your project looks really nice Jane-looks like not too much to go!

Jane said...

Tammy, no snow where I live during Winter, but some parts of Victoria gets it. Our Winters are usually grey, cold, and gloomy. They're normally rainy too, but we're in a drought and not getting nearly as much rain as what we should. It's not my favourtie time of year. I'm more of a warmth and sunshine type.

clob said...

hummm day after day post after post .... i fall in love for this pattern !!! thank you for discovery it !!!

Deb said...

Your BBD is looking wonderful. We're heading into summer here in Michigan, but something tells me it's not going to be very warm. It's been cool and rainy - although I don't mind it being cool as long as the sun is shining.

Jan said...

Looking awesome, these stars are my most fave on this design. And yes, that star does shine/stand out...maybe it is because of the light center? Love your progress, keep it up!

Love to Stitch said...

Just found your blog! It is wonderful. Your Moonlit Garden is gorgeous! Love the colors too!

Anonymous said...

It may be taking longer than you'd hoped, but it's looking lovely all the same.

Jennifer Ann Fox said...

Progress is great!! I love the fall colors in the piece.
Jennifer
North Ga
http://www.feathersinthenest.blogspot.com

Anna Zont said...

Beautiful progress!
How do I love designs BBD!
Now I can not decide what I sew following BBD or SB :))))))

bea de caracas said...

It's really one of the best BBD!!!
Kisses...

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri ~ Boog) said...

The star does catch your eye! Like Deb said, our Michigan weather has been cool and rainy. If it ever decides to warm up, it'll probably shoot right up to HOT!

Theresa said...

The stars are so cute~ The autumn colors are just so pretty!!
We suppose to be heading into summer now, but for some reasons I felt like it is heading backwords.... People tell us rain is very rare in San Deigo and it's always sunny, well, not at all like that in the past week..... We had warmer days in April then in the past week... Where did the sun go???

Melissa said...

I can see what you mean about stitching something that goes with your weather. Right now we have summer weather and I just want to stitch bright bouncy things!

Our winters sound like your winters too - although this past winter was exceptionally snowy.

Moonlit Garden looks very cozy!

Vaida said...

Your Garden is moving forward so fast! I love the little stars!