Wednesday, June 10, 2009

I've actually finished the stars!

I wanted to get some more out the way on Moonlit Garden last night. I achieved more than I thought I would and managed to get all the stars completed. I quite enjoyed stitching them. I really thought they would get repetitive, but each one of them was a pleasure.

Moonlit Garden - 9 June 2009

If you wanted to, you could leave this design just as it is at this stage. Maybe even add another row of stars on the bottom. But of course I'm going to continue with the words as in the original design.

Terri has asked how I take 'such gorgeous pictures'. Firstly, thank you so much for your kind compliment! It really pleases me that other people get enjoyment from them. I do try to be a little creative by either taking the photos on various angles, adding props or even bits of ribbon and lace, and usually doing closeup views on a macro setting. I also get some help with software programs to add finishing touches (like sharpening). The most important thing I find when taking photos is lighting. I like to use natural light as I find it the most pleasing to the eye. Being Winter here at the moment, the light is not the best as you can see in some of my photos (like in this post). I like to take pictures on the weekends when I can use the best lighting conditions. I work during the week and it's dark before and after work this time of year. So any photos I take weekdays come out a bit ordinary as far as colouring goes. I also get inspired by seeing how other people with stitching blogs take their photos.

I can really see myself finishing this current project off by the end of the week. Ready for me to take a few 'creative photos' of it finished. I already have one prop picked out that will go so well with it! I have an abundance of knick knacks about the house to add extra interest to my projects. It's fun picking out what to use next. Til next time... happy stitching!

11 comments:

Deb said...

It's looking wonderful. I think that you're definitely going to have it done by the end of the week. You've really been stitching this quickly!

Lisa said...

The design you are working on has certainly caught my attention and I am enjoying the updates as I watch it grow toward completion! You have a very beautiful eye-catching blog. I will continue to return.

Deb said...

You make this design look fabulous! I love your stitching and pictures. Great work, Jane

Loraine said...

It is looking so darling! Thanks for the photo advice. I sure could use some help with mine!

Have a great week, and have fun finishing this amazing design.

Colleen said...

This turned out great! Very fall colors :) Looking forward to seeing what you have planned for this one.

Kellie said...

Your Moonlit Garden looks wonderful. :) You will have it finished very quickly.

Jan said...

Wonderful pics as always! Looking forward to your finish soon, and those lovely 'props'!:)

Anonymous said...

It looks so beautiful, Jane! Great work :)

Brigitte said...

It looks just beautiful.

Dovilė said...

Hi Jane, congrats on the beautiful finish:)

bea de caracas said...

So wonderfull...
Kisses...