Sunday, January 06, 2008

Hot Hot Hot

Christmas is over, so it's out with ho, ho, ho, and in with hot, hot, hot! Summer is certainly here in Victoria. New Year's was in the high 30's low 40's (Celsius) over the days prior and including. Just didn't feel like doing much at all. It leaves you feeling quite lethargic. Not much gardening is going on at my place, and even if I wanted to get back to my stitching, it's too hot for that also. So what's a girl to do in times like this? Hop on the computer! I love surfing on it, keeping up to date with what's going on, looking at people's blogs and albums, researching (especially for holidays), and seeing what cross stitch patterns are being released. It certainly is a good time waster, the computer.

I've added some links to this blog recently. A list of some of the other blogs I read, the needlework shops I've ordered through via the net, and I've added a little ticker to show how long it is til my annual leave is due. I've got March off this year and I plan on tidying things up around the house and garden. You put off a lot of projects when you work full time, so this is a good chance to catch up. My holiday in September will be long service leave. I've been in the job I have for 20 years now. You're entitled to long service leave after ten years. So an extra four weeks off this year sounds good to me. Especially when I'm going to the Cook Islands for a couple of weeks out of it.

Talking about blogs earlier, my fave would have to be Nicole's
http://nevillen.blogspot.com/ Autumn Sway (or is she calling it Island Breeze now?). She writes in it often, shows her latest stitching, and pics of all the goodies she orders. It's all so interesting. I don't know how she finds the time to keep up, with three young boys as well to look after. That goes for a lot of you out there that are in a similar position. I don't have children, and still find it hard to get the time to do everything.

I'm waiting to see the new Shepherd's Bush 2008 fob on their site. They mentioned in their blog that they had it when they opened for their New Year's sale. I hope I like it, because I'm thinking of perhaps buying it with the engraved Gingher scissors this year.

Just a bit of an update today. I'm wanting to be a bit more attentive to this blog this year and write in it more often. Time will tell...


This will be me lying at the beach this September in the Cook Islands, or perhaps it should be me now down at my local beach with this hot weather we're getting :)


No comments: