After I'd posted last night I thought I would have another look at where I'd gone wrong with Quaker Garden. Since the design part looked ok, the bottom pattern was looking good, I then had a look at the left side border. I looked at the bottom left corner of it and there it was - I discovered I'd started in the wrong position with it. Damn! I began one (ONE mind you) thread lower than I should have.
When it comes to my needlework, I'm a bit of a perfectionist and I try to do the best I can. So knowing this it probably doesn't come as quite a shock to know that I decided to pull the threads out from that section and will start again. I started taking some of them out last night, then did the rest tonight. I didn't want to start stitching again straight away but will hopefully do some tomorrow night after work.
Don't worry though, I haven't lost any enthusiasm for it. I still love this design and will get right back into it. I'll have to be more careful in the future with my counting. I should have learned my lesson with LHN's My Needle's Work after a similar mistake. I do tend to make the odd error like this with my stitching though.
Hope everyone's having better luck with their creations.