Sunday, October 04, 2009

Strawberry House ~ finished!

Well, here it is! I have finally finished Strawberry House. I took the slow road on this journey, but I got there in the end.

DESIGNER - Little House Needleworks
PATTERN - Strawberry House chart
FABRIC - 30ct R & R Creek Bed Brown
THREADS - Crescent Colours and DMC (2 over 2)
BUTTONS - Just Another Button Company
STARTED - 12 September 2009
FINISHED - 4 October 2009


I worked on it last night and today to get it finished. I really didn't want to have it sitting there waiting to be finished for much longer. If you had the time, you could complete this one within a week. It's a nice, simple pattern from their All Dolled Up series.


Though I love the colour of the fabric, it was fairly stiff to work with. It's funny how some fabrics are like this and others are quite soft.


I've added the Just Another Button Company buttons to my work in keeping with the 'Dolled Up' theme. I always love if you can add buttons, charms, or embellishments to a design. Really adds appeal and interest.


So onto my next project. I've had a few things run through my mind while working on Strawberry House. None of them I've settled on though. Since it's October and Halloween is at the end of the month, I may sort through some of these patterns to do. I can feel a SB one will pop out and one that's in kit form so I don't have to look for any supplies for it. I wonder what I'll choose...

34 comments:

zetor said...

It's so pretty, love the buttons.

JillMN said...

I love this design. I have not stitched it myself yet, but was lucky to receive one in an exchange. Yours is beautiful. The colors are great.

Nima said...

wow...looks gorgeous

Dovilė said...

lovely finish, like last colors of summer:)

Nina said...

Oh, what a great and fabulous finish :)

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri ~ Boog) said...

Very pretty, Jane. Love the colors and you're right, the buttons just add a little something extra.

Isabelle said...

Your strawberry house is just wonderful and like you, I really love when there are little buttons or charms .
Thanks for sharing ,
Isa

Laura said...

It's delightful! Those colors are so pretty and your pictures are wonderful as usual. Happy day!

Laura, NC

Karyn said...

Beautiful, as usual. You remain my inspiration :)

Danielle said...

This turned out so fantastic! I just love it. I love pink, so there you go. I look forward to seeing you stitch a Halloween SB kit if that's what you choose.

IrLik said...

Beautiful!!!

Loraine said...

Looks so cute! I added this to my wish list after seeing yours. I love the way it turned out.
The buttons are a perfect match.
Thanks for inspiring me.

Jennifer Ann Fox said...

Oh what a lovely finish!!!!! Beautiful!
Yep, if you take a look on my blog I am also using 30 ct Creekbedbrown for my current project Heart of America. It is very very stiff. My piece is large too because of what the pattern calls for and I do believe I could have stood it up on my dining room table! But I, like you, LOVE the color. I'm going to have some leftover fabric and may have to stitch this one.....

Jennifer
Feathers in the Nest

http://www.feathersinthenest.blogspot.com/

Nicole said...

Beautiful finish Jane!! I love the buttons! :)

Anonymous said...

Luv the colours in it!! You must have some collection at home by now!!

Robin said...

Your work is gorgeous. Such beautiful colours! Now I would like to stitch this pattern too:).

Anja´s Wunschpunsch said...

Your strawberry house is so cute. The buttons are perfect for this design.

Greetings
Anja

Márti said...

Beautiful stitching and beautiful photos!!!

missy said...

Absolutely beautiful!!

Theresa said...

This is adorable!!!!! Love the buttons you used~~~ The colors are so yummy~~~~

Susimac said...

Very pretty

LisaG said...

Soooooo pretty, really lovely.

Melissa said...

Hooray! I'm sure you are very happy that this house is finished - it's very very pretty!

I hope you get that kit you were telling me about, for your next project!

Unknown said...

Oh Jane - absolutely gorgeous!

Elisa said...

That is sooooo gorgeous, I love the colours...one to add to my to do list I think.

xx

Andrea said...

A beautiful finish. Looking forward to seeing what you choose next.

Claire said...

LOVE IT!!

Nana said...

just beautiful!!

Thanx for sharing it with us.

nana

lenna said...

Great finish on Strawberry House. I love your blog it is so peaceful and I love your pictures.
Great job on your finishes.
God Bless ~
Lenna

Sharon said...

It's beautiful!

Brigitte said...

It looks so gorgeous and makes my fingers itch. Congratulations.

Susan @ Real Girl Designs said...

It's beautiful, Jane. Seeing your finish makes me want to grab mine from my stash and start working on it!

Catherine said...

It is beautiful, well done.

Your little sheep is so nice

Catherine said...

It is beautiful, well done.

Your little sheep is so nice