Sunday, February 01, 2009

Stacy Nash Group 2009

Recently I got an email about a new 2009 Stacy Nash Group and inviting me to join up if I was interested. Well, just the thought of hearing something about Stacy Nash (one of my favourite designers) is enough to capture my interest. So after investigating and seeing a picture of what was to come, I immediately did what was required to join. The idea is that four times during the year you will receive a limited edition kit designed by Stacy Nash herself, through the mail. I received the first kit last week and it's in keeping with a Valentines theme being a heart.

I'd like to do these kits throughout the year, so we'll have to see whether I can achieve that. This one includes the chart (naturally), 32ct natural linen, a piece of tan cotton velvet, a bit of brown, red, and mustard wool, and three different colours of DMC thread. The major design is a heart pinkeep, and there's wool included to make a small strawberry emery. Since I'm not very experienced with finishing techniques, this will be somewhat of a challenge for me. I haven't had a chance to read through the instructions but I'm hoping they're easy to follow.

Stacy Nash Group - first limited edition kit for 2009


I've also been naughty and put some more stash on order. The Silver Needle has their annual Superbowl Sale and it's a good way to try to pick up some things missed during their New Year's Sale. I'm trying to get the SB Glad Tidings Fob kit I couldn't get last time, and I thought I'd try to get the mats for SB Life And Liberty. I've also got a few other things ordered but I'll have to wait and see what comes through. I should receive them in a few weeks time. You know I love my stash, and you can never have too much in my opinion. :)

I've been really lazy today and haven't finished all my housework, but I do want to try to stitch a little more on Chocolat tonight. The weather's more comfortable now and there's a nice breeze, so I've opened up the windows. Better conditions to do some needlework.

12 comments:

Brigitte said...

I love this heart. You will certainly enjoy stitching and finishing it.

Anne said...

This Stacy Nash chart is beautiful and it sounds like you will receive four great stitching charts during 2009,I'm looking forward to see your progress!!!

Nina said...

Beautiful heart!!
This is the most super patterns by SN I've ever seen!

Dovilė said...

So nice newest heart of Stacy Nash, enjoy stitching:)

Tammy said...

A woman after my own heart (ie., the stash philosophy!)--I'm intrigued by the Stacy Nash group. I'll have to look over your post again to see if there is a link!

Melissa said...

The Stacy Nash group sounds like fun. I'm sure you'll do fine with the finishing aspect of it. Can't wait to see the finished product. Glad it's starting to cool off there.

Anonymous said...

Oh, it's very interesting project! The heart and it color-scheme are so beautiful. I'm looking forward to see your progress! :)

Theresa said...

The heart is lovely!!!! Looks like you are going to have a fun year stitching up her work~

Melissa said...

Miss Jane, we must fix a date for a SAL, methinks! ;-)

Somehow I can't picture you being lazy. However, with that heat wave I can't blame anyone for not wanting to move!

Nicole said...

Wow, this is beautiful! I love it! Can't wait to see you stitch this up! :)

Susan @ Real Girl Designs said...

I've just discovered your blog and I really like it.

I've never heard of Stacy Nash, but I love that heart.

Stay cool - I've been hearing of your heatwave from my parents, who also live in Victoria.

Lillie said...

Beautiful design, enujoy