So what I ended up doing was to take out all the lavender (I'll use it for something else), I took Melissa's advice (thanks!) and cut into the outer fabric to the stitched line at intervals (which I hadn't done), then stuffed it with the normal stuffing. Chrissie has just informed me that fluffing the stuffing up a bit can cause less lumps which sounds like an idea I'll keep for future, so thanks Chrissie! This time though I got my iron out and ironed straight onto the front of the heart. Some of you may think this is a bit unconventional but you can understand, I was desperate. It actually helped funnily enough. My heart still has a bit of cleavage in the top area front and back, but hey, it is handmade. Overall I can say I'm a lot more happier with it than I was yesterday.
Stacy Nash Heart Pinkeep - finished 15 February 2009
Thanks again for all your encouragement and support because without it I would have put this aside and not got back to it for a while.