Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

It's Mother's Day today and I just wanted to wish all the wonderful mothers out there a lovely day. I haven't been able to see my mother today because she's on holiday in Tasmania and will get back tomorrow. I hope to see her tomorrow night though after I get home from work. I'll go and visit her and give her the present I bought. Thought I'd take a picture of it wrapped because it looks so lovely with the bow I put on it.

Mum's Mother's Day present


I ended up getting her a book on an Australian gardener born in the late 1800's named Edna Walling by Sarah Hardy. The book is called The Unusual Life Of Edna Walling and is about her interesting life as a landscape gardener. Mum loves her style of gardening.





Along with the book I got her a cross stitch chart which includes buttons and thread by Erica Michaels called Button, Button. She'll be able to pick out a small piece of fabric of her choice left over from her stash to do this one.



I've also popped in her gift a Mary Engelbreit collectible needle card called 'For You Mother', which has 25 assorted needles and a needle threader inside.

A selection of things which I know she'll love. Happy Mother's Day Mum!

3 comments:

Aussie Stitcher said...

Your Mum will love all of the thought that went into her gifts. Snowy Morn is looking great.

From the Attic said...

Your mother would love that beautiful gift Jane. Your stitching is coming along well.

Nicole said...

Jane, you are a bad enabler! After seeing the "Button Button" chart on your blog I ended up ordering it! It's so cute!! :) What great presents for your mom! :)