Thursday, December 09, 2010

Oprah's in Australia!!!

Yes, us Aussies have been anticipating her arrival ever since we found out she was going to land on our shores. I'm a big fan of Oprah and am excited that she's actually in Australia! She arrived on her private jet yesterday and got straight to seeing some of what our country has to offer. This clip was shown on one of our morning breakfast shows (the $10 meal they refer to Curtis Stone creating is in reference to an add he does for Coles supermarket here where he comes up with meals for the family for less than $10 - I'm sure Oprah's cost $10 many times over).



She's brought with her audience guests from her show and they have split into groups who are travelling throughout different parts of the country. Then they'll meet up next Tuesday to do two shows being filmed at the Sydney Opera (Oprah) House. I think they're filming other parts around Australia as they go along. She'll be in Melbourne tomorrow for a short public appearance but unfortunately I'll be working.

It's just so interesting to see a mega guest like Oprah in our country. Though she hasn't been here long, she seems to be loving it. The media are in a frenzy over her visit!

3 comments:

Susan @ Real Girl Designs said...

I've never been to see Oprah in person, although I lived in the Chicago area (where her show is filmed) for 18 years. My mother in law and sister in law went earlier this year to see her (my DH knows one of her producers).

I still remember driving alongside her convertible Bentley on the highway in Chicago - she used to have her "farm" about 10 miles from where we used to live in Indiana. It was a gorgeous, French colonial style farmhouse.

Enjoy!

Unknown said...

How exciting! She is such a wonderful person, always so giving to others!

Glad to see you back in the blogging world. And, I love your new blogger background...so festive and cheerful!

Happy Stitchin'
Terri

Tanya Willis Anderson said...

Jane! How fun ... thanks for the link. Curtis Stone is one of my favorites ~ they took his show off the channel here he had been on. Great food and sweet on the eyes :)
Tanya