I have finally finished my Baby Bug Ball! There wasn't a lot to go when I left it last and I was able to finish it all off yesterday afternoon. What a happy looking trio of bugs they are.
This one I stitched along with Loraine from Sew Be It. She was able to finish hers last week and sounds as though she had as much fun as I had with it. She'd started this design a while back and didn't continue with it. When she saw I had decided to stitch it, she asked if she could stitch along so she could be inspired to pick it up again. Thank you for joining me on this journey, Loraine. It was so fun and we'll have to pick something else one day to do together. I know there's a few things we both have the patterns for so it shouldn't be too difficult to decide. Anyway, here's my finished Bug Ball.
DESIGNER ~ Shepherd's Bush
PATTERN ~ Baby Bug Ball kit
FABRIC ~ 32ct Light Sand Belfast Linen
THREADS ~ Threadgatherer Silk, Soie D'Alger Silk, Gloriana Silk (1 over 2)
EMBELLISHMENTS ~ Petite Glass Beads (black, gold, and ivory), JABC Buttons
STARTED ~ 17 October 2009
FINISHED ~ 28 November 2009
This next picture's for Loraine to show her my crow button is all intact. You see, she had a problem with hers. It broke in half! Fortunately for her though, she doesn't live very far from Shepherd's Bush actual shop, and was able to duck in one day and pick up another. How delightful that sounds to someone who lives so far from them. :)
My favourite bug was the lady bug on the right, which was Loraine's favourite too. She is so pretty looking, with the lace at the bottom of her dress and the flower sticking out of her hat.
The other bugs are gorgeous too of course.
There's so many eye catching things in this design. From the sun, the flowers, the bees, the buttons, and the little flower sticking out of the girl's hat.
I hope you've had fun keeping up to date with my progress on this one. It took me longer than I thought it would but I'm so delighted with the outcome. Such a cute one.
Now to the next project!