Sunday, January 05, 2014

A Mother's Xmas Gift

Happy New Year!  I hope everyone had an enjoyable welcome to 2014. May it be a happy, healthy year, full of lots of wonderful stitching moments for you.

I wanted to share with you a present my mother made for me for Christmas.  She is 80 years old and she stitched this beautiful little kit called C Is For Kitty-Cat.  It's by The Sweetheart Tree and comes with everything needed to stitch it up, including all the beads and charms. My mum finished it off as a small little cushion.  Made even more special as she has stitched it herself.


She knows how I love my cats and I was completely surprised she had made this for me.




My life is still busy.  I'm sharing my time between my place and my fiance's.  He has two teenage daughters that live with him most of the time.  Their situation needs to be considered at the moment, so I wait for the day when we can live in the same house and have a normal life. Then I hope to have at least a little more time to dedicate to my stitching again.  Or, I long for when I retire.  Plenty of time to stitch then!



I did do some needlework buying over New Year's.  This is the first time I've bought needlework for quite a while.  Not that I need anymore, but why should I let that stop me.  The Silver Needle had their annual New Year's Sale on so I took the opportunity to buy a few things at 25% off.  I'm just waiting for the package to arrive in the mail.  Probably another week or so.  I'll make sure to take some pics to show you what I bought.  Always exciting to see what people buy, I think.

I still haven't been looking at any stitching blogs lately.  I do apologise for that.  I've recently bought a laptop computer so I hope to have more access time to it than when I was using a desktop in another room.  I love how a laptop can be taken to anywhere in the house.  So I can sit in the lounge room while the TV is on and use the computer at the same time.  Wonderful!

Kath was so kind as to let me know about the upcoming Shepherd's Bush Fold for 2014.  Hadn't heard anything about it til then, so thanks for letting me know Kath.  Think I'll have to join up for that one but I'm not sure about the shaker style sewing box as it sells for $160.  Bit extravagant for my liking.

So this is where I finish my post.  I hope everyone has a wonderful year of amazing stitching.  Thank you for your lovely comments as I do appreciate them so much.  It's nice to know that people are still interested in my blog.  Take care and happy stitching!


12 comments:

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

What a special gift from your mom! I can't imagine that I'll still be able to stitch at that age! What a treasure.

Melissa said...

Jane, I love what your mom stitched for you! That paw charm is so sweet!

All the best to you and yours for a very Happy New Year!

Julia said...

what a beautiful little pincushion - lucky you! xx

Cindy's Stitching said...

your mom did an awesome job. It is very pretty.

Anna Zont said...

It is so sweet and gentle! It is a beautiful gift!

Unknown said...

What a precious gift from your mom! I hope my needles are still flying when I am 80!

Melanie said...

What a beautiful gift of your mum. I took advantage of the Silver Needle sale and I also signed up for the Shepherds Fold, but I splurged on the box!

Karoline said...

What a gorgeous gift from your Mother

Anonymous said...

Hello,
i'm very happy to read you again. And Love in your life is a great great great news !!!!
Happy new year !
Callale.

Catherine said...

What an beautiful treasure to have from your mother!

Carin said...

What a very special gift this was from your mother and it is beautiful made. A real treasure !

Stitching Noni said...

What a beautiful gift from your Mum :o)
Hope you manage to work out the living arrangements with your other half soon :o) I know what it's like to go into a ready made family with teenagers... Been there, done that... survived - just! :o)
Hugs x