Friday, March 27, 2009

My finish of Autumn Blessings

It's been two years since I started this one. Who would have thought it would only take me less than a week to finish the rest of it off! I shouldn't have put it aside for so long. The colour of the wording put me off because it looked different to the original chart, but I needn't have worried. I'm really happy with the way it's turned out, and it looks terrific with the mat!


DESIGNER ~ Shepherd's Bush

PATTERN ~ Autumn Blessings

FABRIC ~ 32ct Natural Linen 10" x 15"

THREADS ~ Au Ver a Soie, Mori Silk, and Overdyed Silks

BUTTONS ~ Just Another Button Company

STARTED ~ 18 March 2007

RESTARTED ~ 22 March 2009

FINISHED ~ 26 March 2009


I picked it up yesterday afternoon and started on the last line of wording. Then I did a little more and decided to continue on with it during the evening. As time went on, I could see myself actually finishing it off that night! By the time I put the buttons on it was around 11pm.


I was so grateful for your input on the line below 'Autumn's Blessings'. I did decide to leave it. It was nice to get people's ideas about it though. Thanks!

I have the mats ready for it to be framed. I'm in the process of trying to find a decent framer. My regular one has closed down, and a lot of them don't have much variety or style with their frames. I'm sure I'll find a good one soon.

30 comments:

Melissa said...

Congratulations Jane on a beautiful finish on Autumn Blessings. The photos are lovely too! You've done a lot during your leave! Good luck with the framer.

Theresa said...

It is beautiful!!!!!! I love the matting!!!! Congratulations on this wonderful finish~~

Anonymous said...

Jane, you're right...it does look fabulous with the mats! You must have a huge framing pile now. Great work!

Márti said...

So nicely stitched and framed!!! :)

Anna Zont said...

It is beautiful!!!!!! Congratulations on a great finish, Jane! And your photos are wonderful!

Zsófi said...

It's beautiful work and photos, Jane!

Szecsi said...

Beautiful colors! Congrat!

Natasha-ND said...

All has turned out perfectly! I have decided to replace fabric on Sand or light sand, but now I think to leave everything as is in a set. Fabulous work! Congratulations!
... forgive me my errors, I do not know English :o(...

Sue said...

It looks stunning with the mats. Your scissor keep is very cute!

tintocktap said...

Wow that's beautiful - the colours are gorgeous and the mats set it off perfectly! Beautiful photographs too!

cathymk said...

Fabulous finish! Congratulations Jane!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, it's so pretty!

Susan @ Real Girl Designs said...

It's beautiful, Jane. Congratulations on your finish. I love your photography & "staging", too.

The feathered fob is cute!

Tammy said...

That turned out just great! Now aren't you glad you finished? :)

Diane (di) said...

Wow Jane, you flew through this beauty and it is gorgeous. Your pictures are amazing, too. Congratulations, I'm happy dancing with you!!

Cathy Lloyd said...

Beautiful pictures Jane! Congratulations on a fabulous finish! Good luck on finding a framer! I always love stopping by and peeking at all your exquisite pictures!

Brigitte said...

Congratulations on your wonderful finish. It's such a beautiful design. You will certainly find the perfect frame for it.

Deb said...

So pretty! Congratulations on your wonderful finish. I love the mats and frame too! And your pictures, as always, are wonderful.

Sally said...

Your finish is beautiful:)

Anonymous said...

Very impressive. Both your stitching and the pictures are works of art.

Karoline said...

Congratulations Jane, it's gorgeous

Melissa said...

What a beautiful finish! It turned out gorgeous! Congrats! What's up next???

Nicole said...

Beautiful finish Jane!! I love the mat! It's going to be so pretty once framed! :)

KOFEVARKA said...

It's awesome Jane!
Your work and pictures are always look amazing.
Thank you for your creative mind.
By the way where could one get the mats you've used?

Jane said...

Thanks everyone for your wonderful comments! They make me so happy!!!

Kofevarka, the mats I got from The Silver Needle in the USA via mail order. I have a link to their site in my sidebar under the heading 'Needlework Shops'. They are available from a few different shops in the US also. You just need to request which one you're after and they can get it in if it's not in stock. They're made by Jill Rensel for Shepherd's Bush designs. Thanks for your question! :)

Dovilė said...

So wonderful Jane:)

KOFEVARKA said...

Thank you so much Jane for your kind answer.
You are my first inspiration!

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri ~ Boog) said...

Gorgeous, Jane! I hope you have good luck finding a framer - they're worth their weight in gold. I feel very lucky to have one that has a good selection of mouldings. Beautiful pictures too, as always!

Anonymous said...

Wow... wow...
Amazing and breathtaking work! So beautiful... I just can't find words...

Susimac said...

Another beautiful finish, I love your photos too, they are lovely and really show your work beautifully