Monday, May 24, 2010
Saturday, May 22, 2010
Saturday, May 15, 2010
Monday, May 10, 2010
I had planned on posting a lot sooner than now, so I'm sorry if you've been waiting for the surprise I mentioned in my last update. I said you'd probably see Ah, 'Tis Spring pop up again and here she is. All finished with the words added. I know I could have left it as it was but I felt that the words complimented the folksy feel of the piece. I also added the bunny's nose and mouth.
I actually got this finished at the start of the month. Then for the past week I've had an eye infection and have hardly been on the computer at all. I'm still needing to take drops for my eye but it's a lot more comfortable than what it was, though still a little sore. So I thought I'd update my blog before more time passed.
Now onto my finish. This was such a fun pattern to work on and I've loved the colour changes to the original pattern. I can't take credit for coming up with the different thread choices though. They have been worked out by the lovely ladies at Shepherd's Bush. Lots of variegated colours in cotton threads, using assorted brands, but still in keeping with the original colour scheme. This is my version of Ah, 'Tis Spring...
So I promised I'd list the threads once I finished this one and here they are.
DMC ~ SUBSTITUTE
310 ~ Wood Trail (Sampler Threads)
434~ Onion Skin (Crescent Colours)
610 ~ Dublin Bay (Crescent Colours)
611 ~ Bunny Honey (Crescent Colours)
612 ~ Stepping Stones (Crescent Colours)
644 ~ Linen (Weeks Dye Works)
730 ~ Pea Pod (Crescent Colours)
732 ~ Bean Sprout (Crescent Colours)
733 ~ Guacamole (Weeks Dye Works)
758 ~ Sand (Weeks Dye Works)
783 ~ Copper Penny (Crescent Colours)
921 ~ Clay Pot (Crescent Colours)
3013 ~ Bean Sprout (Crescent Colours)
3021 ~ Picnic Basket (Sampler Threads)
3848 ~ Dove (Weeks Dye Works)
Ecru ~ Linen Weeks Dye Works)
The changes to these that I made was the carrot tops in the grass at the bottom, which I did in Guacamole. I thought they stood out more using this than the darker green would have. I got the symbols mixed up and did the basket pattern in Bean Sprout rather than Onion Skin. I quite liked it so I decided to leave it that way. The last change was with the wording. SB had chosen Dublin Bay which is a darker blue. I wasn't going to be comfortable with that and chose Onion Skin instead. The original chart had called for a 'drab brown' colour and thought Onion Skin fitted nicely. I'm so pleased with the result. I also wanted to take the opportunity to say a big thanks to Loraine for helping me with the threads too. She was my angel in need with this project. Please take the time to drop by her blog if you haven't lately, as she's just been on a short trip which is so interesting to read about, and is also working on Ah, 'Tis Spring (with a different colour palette).
A few more photos for your pleasure.
I haven't started on anything new as I haven't felt like stitching with my sore eye. I'm seriously considering working on the latest Stacy Nash Group project I received in the mail recently (see last post). I really like it! Whatever I do, it will be something small. I'm just not stitching a lot lately to get through a bigger piece.
Thanks for your dear comments and kindness, my stitching friends. Have a lovely week and I do hope those mothers out there who celebrated Mother's Day this past Sunday, had a wonderful day.